Friday, September 25, 2009

Clue 4

What is a "Character" in your life (a real-life person) you admire? Why do you admire this person?

I admire the character Jesus. Jesus was the most humble and caring person I ever read of. Jesus is the Son of God and there should be no other person to admire before Jesus. Jesus never lies and does not judge a person on how he looks like.


What specific clues can setting reveal about the theme of a short story?

The theme of a story is the general topic of what the literature is talking about. The setting can help support the theme by explaining more details to understand the general topic. The setting can help understand where the character is and how the character of the story interacts to the setting.


How does an author drop clues about characters and how their actions lead you to the theme of a story?

Character's actions help explain the theme of the story best. One of the steps to find the theme of the story is to know the characteristics of the characters. The characters can help form the theme by showing direct and indirect characterization. We can conclude the theme by seeing what kind of mistakes or good actions the character followed in the story and we learn from them.


What is the strongest setting you have ever encountered in your own life. Describe this place and ponder if God revealed anything about Himself or His truth in this place.

I think that the strongest setting I have ever encountered is my home-town. Daejon, South Korea has affected my life the most. Daejon is the town that I began to grow in my understanding of God the most. TCIS gave me the opportunity to know God, where in America, many schools are not Christian schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment